Sunday, November 9, 2008

Fun Tidbits (09 Nov 2008)

"Maybe I will now tell half a dozen players that I may sell them - maybe they will all start to play as well as Xabi!"

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez on the stunning form of Xabi Alonso since his proposed sale to Juventus fell through.



"It doesn't matter how late he was. If you're getting on a plane and you miss it by one minute, you don't go on holiday."

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy justifies dropping Richard Stearman for arriving late for a team meeting.



"I was in the car with my dad and brother. A kid was walking down the road with a 'Walcott 32' shirt on. I put the window down and said 'I've got a shirt like that too'!"

Theo Walcott is living the dream.



It's Redknapp Hour!

Harry Redknapp"If you can't pass the ball properly, a bowl of pasta's not going to make that much difference!"

When asked if a change of diet had contributed to Tottenham's 4-4 draw at Arsenal.

"I thought I was David Pleat as I was running up the touchline to
celebrate - except I haven't got his colour shoes."

Recreating the famous Pleat jig at the Emirates.


"I haven't seen my missus, Sandra, all week. She might be delighted, I am not."

Putting in the hours at Spurs.


"I have already had around 84,000 text messages on the subject."

Portsmouth chief executive Peter Storrie gets plenty of advice on who should replace Redknapp.




"Scott McDonald put Celtic 1-0 up with a 10th-minute header, before Shunsuke Nakamura doubled their lead at half-time with a pinpoint free-kick."

From BBC Sport's Killie v Celtic report. Are Celtic really allowed to score at half-time?



"If you take out the shoulder-to-shoulder rule in football you just end up playing basketball... and then everybody can go to sleep."

BBC commentator during Man Utd-West Ham on another soft challenge given Nani's way.



"Arsenal can wipe the floor with nine out of 10 teams they play, but struggle against the likes of Sunderland And Hull."

Alan Smith before the Arsenal-West Ham game. So maybe eight out of 10, then!



Image Credit: http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk
Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk

No comments: