Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fun Tidbits (05 Oct 2008)

Q: What is the difference between Spurs and a triangle?
A: A triangle has 3 points.



"And here's the 14th team in the Premier League."

The Chelsea announcer at Stamford Bridge introducing Manchester United.



"I'd go home and kick the cat if I could - but I haven't got one."

Doncaster boss feeling annoyed after the 2-0 home defeat by Southampton



Wonderkid Reuben Noble-Lazarus really earned his crust when he became the youngest player ever Football League player, the Daily Mirror reports. The striker aged 15 years and 45 days, didn't get a wage but instead had a pizza with teammates after his debut fir Barnsley against Ipswich. But yesterday he was sitting back in the classroom. He said, "My mum would never let me miss school." And Reuben, who can't quite believe he has made history, added, "It's a bit embarrassing I've even found out I'm on Wikipedia. I don't get paid because I'm too young but I shared a pizza with the first team after the match and they were all patting me on the back."



The future of football games?? Read below.


Consoles can provide fans with all the home comforts including instant action replays while allowing them to order food and drink.


Offside? Did the ball cross the line? There won't be any doubts .. the playing area will become 'live' with players, referees and managers all linked to a network of sensors and global positioning systems (GPS) designed to eradicate human error.


Holograms could enhance the enjoyment of viewers in pubs or at home. Players could leap from the screen and join in with celebrating fans.

...but there are some things that won't change:

1. Arsene Wenger's eyesight.

2. Sir Alex Ferguson's hairdryer.

3. Roy Keane being scary.

4. Chelsea winning ugly.


Source: http://www.scmp.com.hk; http://www.mirror.co.uk/; http://www.orange.co.uk

No comments: