Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A break to ponder....

With the internationals coming up, the Premier League would be having a break till the 18th of October. But for Spurs, it may be a good time to ponder.

After 7 games, Spurs have beaten the odds in every imaginable statistics ever - it was the worst start since (gasp) before the First World War broke out, and we are the only team in the EPL NOT to have won a single game till now. And the performance at the Lane has been dismal - besides Everton, we have the worst home record ever (though the Toffees did compensate for this by having 2 away wins). Being in the spotlight for the wrong reason is definitely not ideal, especially for Spurs.

As a known Spurs fan in my circle of family, friends and colleagues, I find it equally hard to stomach such an indignation that we are facing. Talks of relegation and playing in the Championship is floating around in my football conversations, and I got asked with the most common question - "What happened to Spurs?" after the game at home, or back in the office on Mondays.

And who is to blame? Fans will definitely point to the manager first, in this case Ramos. Some may even blame the executive management, or even the players. As for me, I am quite tired of these blame games, though I do have the urge to boo off my team after the final whistle had been blown.

Forget about being in the top 4, let alone being in the top 10, as I had mentioned in some other forum. The battle of survival is now on, with just 31 games remaining. The dreaded table-standings-during-Christmas-jinx is coming, and I would not want to see ourselves in the red, or worse, being shown at live matches in April 2009 to determine which team is going down.

Come on Spurs, players, fans, coaches, etc., let's get the act together and we shall prevail!

COYS!!!!

No comments: