Friday, October 31, 2008

Fixture Focus - Spurs (1 November 2008)

Spurs vs Liverpool

After a memorable away derby fixture during the midweek, Redknapp must focus his team on another crucial clash at home.

This weekend will see the return of Robbie Keane to White Hart Lane.  As Daniel Levy said in his open letter to Spurs fans earlier this week, Keane was a player he thought would end his career at the Lane.  No one expected him to leave in the summer for the Kop.  I'm wondering what kind of reception he will get from the fans on Saturday.  I certainly hope it is not incessant boo-ing which is rightfully reserved for Judas Sol Campbell only.  But a little boo-ing is ok in my opinion...ngek ngek ngek.

It will be a tight game as Keane is slated to start against his former club while Torres is probably going to be rested. 

After another clumsy display at the Emirates, Heurelho Gomes should really get some bench time but I don't think he will.  I just hope he plays a solid 90mins with none of that "heart stopping" catching (of the ball) when he should be punching, and punching when he should be catching.  And I hope he doesn't injure other Spurs players while doing it.

Redknapp is set to field the same side that worked hard for the draw in midweek and that worries me a little.  The players could be a tad tired but I am sure they will be up to it seeing that we are already in a relegation battle.

COYS!!!

2 comments:

Bedokian said...

Keano will score, but we will win....:P

COYS!!!!!

Bedokian said...

Keano will score, but we will win....:P

COYS!!!!!