Monday, December 28, 2009

Arsenal 3 - 0 Aston Villa

I don't have fancy tables or team badges to put up like everyone else - all that goes into my drivel are Arsenal hymns. And I apologise beforehand if my style of writing contradicts everyone else's, but I promise to keep it short and sweet here.

This Christmas weekend was especially joyous for this goonerette for three reasons:

#1 - We beat Aston Villa - we were level on points, with a game in hand and goal difference advantage before this game.
#2 - Cesc Fabregas scored a brace in the short period he had on the pitch.
#3 - Chelsea drew (all hail the Brummies! You scratch my back, I scratch yours).

Perhaps the scoreline is a little cruel, but such is the brilliance of the young Spaniard. Get my Arsenal TV Online account details from me if you haven't seen the goals, but if sublime class had a face, Cesc Fabregas would be it.

Having been introduced into the game for less than 10 minutes, Cesc dealt the visitors a blow by scoring from a freekick about 20 odd yards out. Friedel usually pulls amazing performances against us, but even he was comprehensively beaten. I only wish I were there in the stands to celebrate with my man.

In the 81st minute, Traore's long pass released substitute Theo Walcott who paced forward to gift Cesc with a neat flick. The right foot of Fabregas once again brought the Emirates Stadium to its feet as his superb strike whizzed past Friedel for the second time in less than 20 minutes.

Elizabeth Hotel burst into song and I screamed myself hoarse. I even chimed in at "I'll let you shag my wife". Ho-blardy-ho, it's a good Christmas.

The hamstring strain he sustained is a little worrying and we probably won't see Cesc in the next couple of games. But maybe the skipper's contribution will inspire more moments like Diaby's solo effort that sealed off the game.

Yes, I know a team is not built on one player. I could go on about how the rest of my lads did, but let's give the non-fans a break and Fabregas his glory.

Merry Christmas to one and all.

The Arsenal!

4 comments:

JayWalk said...

Welcome to your first post!

Don't worry about badges and tables. If there is one thing I'd learned during the Dot-Com era, it is that "Content Is King". Everything else's just bells and whistles.

ihawk98 said...

hey hey! always nice to see another contributor on here.

welcome!

garylee402 said...

welcome aboard!!

Siren said...

Thank you!!!

I feel luuurrrrved xx