Friday, February 18, 2011

Weekend Review - 19 Feb 2011

Manchester United vs Crawley Town
When Chelsea lost to Liverpool two weekends ago, I have my own doubts despite people telling that Chelsea is out of title race, because you never know what happens to your favourite team when they are on the road this season. When Chelsea drew with Fulham last weekend, I can safely say they are indeed out of the title race, with only Arsenal challenging the title. Man City play a game more and have no chance of catching up.

With 12 games to play for, Chelsea is 12 points behind us. There are only 2 games that caught my eyes, which to me, is do or die for Man United.
- against a resurgent Liverpool on March 6
- against Arsenal, who won against Barcelona 2-1, on Apr 30

If Arsenal were to progress to the latter stages of Champions League and FA Cup, would injuries and fatigue play a part in the Premier League challenge?

This weekend, we play against Crawley Town, a Conference club which is the 6th time since World War II, that has progressed to this stage. Kudos to them. But my main worry will be on the first eleven that Fergie will play on Sat. With one eye on mid-week Champions League against Marseille, I have suspicion that he will rest some players and field youngsters or from Reserves.

Man Utd Team News: Park Ji-sung is the only casualty.

Crawley Town Team News: Full Team to choose from.

Odds and Analysis: Man Utd is giving 2.5 handicap. 1 goal is still a win, 2 goal is still a win. Not going to take the handicap.

Disclaimer: This review is entirely on my own views and opinion. I didn’t point a gun at you to ask you to follow. If you want to bet on this game, do so at your own risk. Pls bet within limits. Good luck.

3 comments:

Mr. White said...

United has 4 tough games

1 X Arsenal
1 X Liverpool
2 X Chelsea

That is a total of 12 points at risk. Therefore the most critical game is the one against Arsenal.

JayWalk said...

Perhaps I am more cautious than you as I foresee trouble against bogey teams away at Blackburn and West Ham.

Don't forget we haven't exactly shaken off the away game jinx.

Gary said...

When I draft this review, I wasnt exactly confident that Chelsea is out of the title race despite 12 points apart, and have to face Man Utd twice in a matter of days, if March 1 fixture is to be postponed due to FA Cup.

I have to agree that Man Utd have to lose 4 games to let Chelsea catch up, and the worst scenerio will be Arsenal and Man City taking over us.

Not a good time to be a Man U fan at this time where we celebrating every home win and biting our nails at every away game.

As the saying goes, we take a game at a time.