Saturday, April 11, 2009

Weekend Outlook (11 Apr 2009)




Sunderland vs Manchester United

"...Move aside Ronaldo, we may have a new Cantona on our hands!..."
- JayWalk, 11 Apr 2009

I saw the last goal against Aston Villa last week and I was in awe.

It was so beautiful I peed my pants. Macheda is a keeper!

Move aside Ronaldo! We may have a new Cantona on our hands!

So anyway, this is about the time we need to rekindle the fire in the belly. We were jaded in recent weeks and were made to pay dearly.

Back-to-back league defeats and leaking 10 goals in the last 5 games is really worrisome. We have the strength and skill to beat any team in the world but we just don't have the sharpness for the kill. Why? Why? Some one tell me why!!

We are in trouble for leaking 2 away goal at Old Trafford to Porto. We need to win the return leg in Portugal to qualify as we essentially killed off the option for the away draw to advance. Problem is that English clubs have a very very poor record against Porto on their own soil.

Siao Liao.

JayWalk The Talk: Rooney should still feature despite rib injury. Cause for a bit of concern as I wonder if it is so dire that we can't afford to rest him?

Not sure if Van dar Sar will be rested ahead of the return leg and feature Foster as today's goalie?

Ferdinand is sorely missed as 3 of the last 4 goals were conceded via an unmarked player in the 6-yard box from crosses. We cannot afford such defensive lapses. Evans is also not available and so I think we will see O'Shea starting at the back also.

JayWalk The Walk: Despite home ground advantage, Sunderland still get a 1-ball handicap at 2.00 decimal odds. Punter's pot is 80% in favour of ManUtd beating the 1-ball handicap but down from 85% a day ago. Looks like there is a shift in the wagers but not that I would be too concerned about since we are still in the 80% mark.

Sunderland has never beaten ManUtd in the last 13 meetings and I doubt it will happen today. Roy Keane is no longer around and Sunderland if you ask me, is doomed to relegation zone after today.

Take ManUtd and give the 1-ball.

Disclaimer: The above views are purely my own two-cents' worth. In other words, I cannot and will not guarantee that my predictions are accurate. If you want to bet on the game, do so at your own risk. Also, please bet responsibly and within your means regardless of how "sure thing" that game may appear to be. As the old saying goes, "The Ball Is Round". Good luck.

No comments: